- Part Time
- Part Time
- March 29, 2022
Website Fraser Health Authority
Bring your demonstrated research and grant facilitation skills to this exciting opportunity as a Research Ethics & Regulatory Specialist. In this role you will provide regulatory and research ethics review of all Fraser Health research studies prior to submission to the Fraser Health Research Ethics Board (FHREB). Monitors regulated and unregulated research studies to ensure procedures for ethical review are implemented effectively and efficiently for the FH research community and are compliant with regulatory and policy requirements for review of research involving humans.
Bring your knowledge of research policies, procedures, processes, methodologies and funding mechanisms to this exciting role in the Department of Evaluation & Research Services, as you develop and maintain rapport with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Do you have knowledge of the conduct of research in a health environment? Bring your skills to foster research capacity within the health authority for clinician-researchers.
In this key role you will:
- Implements and evaluates process and policy changes to support Fraser Health Research Ethics Board (FHREB), Fraser Health’s and Fraser Health researchers’ compliance with applicable international, Canadian and provincial laws and standards, standard operating procedures and Fraser Health policies that affect the role and actions of the FHREB and obligations of Fraser Health Authority, Fraser Health employees and physicians and affiliated researchers, to ensure the protection of human research participants and/or their personal information.
- Administers the Fraser Health ethical review process on behalf of the FHREB, from submission to approval and continuing review. Ensures all applications for ethical review meet applicable criteria; conducts a pre-review of the ethics submission documents according to FHREB standard requirements prior to submission to FHREB, according to standard timelines.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding international, national, provincial and local legislation, policy and standards of practice/guidelines that apply to research involving humans; prepares issue summaries and recommendations for the Director and the FHREB.
- Provides operational support to FHREB meetings by methods such as the following: develops briefing notes and presentations as required; prepares agendas for the FHREB, in consultation with the Director and the FHREB Chairs; takes meeting minutes of the FHREB meetings and ensures the minutes are consistent with the post-review correspondence from the FHREB to the principal investigator for each research study; develops supporting briefing notes and presentations as required; determines appropriate action regarding issues identified in committee minutes and drafts all necessary correspondence; prepares correspondence that reflects the applicable review decision of the applicable review to the principal investigator, within standard timelines. Ensures decisions are entered into the research administration database.
- Conducts delegated reviews of and approvals for minimal risk research as delegated by the FHREB. This includes new applications, amendments and renewals and close-out reports.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field, or equivalent level of education, training and relevant experience.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a research-related environment in health care, preferably in research ethics and/or research site administration.
- Working knowledge of research ethics, including the TCPS, ICH GCP guidelines, Health Canada and US FDA rules and regulations. Working knowledge of other applicable legislation (e.g. FOIPPA).
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
This Part Time position based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC, with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fraserhealth.ca.