- Full Time
- Full Time
- Surrey, BC
- March 30, 2022
Website Fraser Health Authority
Bring your demonstrated research and grant facilitation skills to this exciting opportunity as a Research Development Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for the development of research proposals and the pre- and post- award administration of grants for Researchers within Fraser Health. Bring your knowledge of research policies, procedures, processes, methodologies and funding mechanisms to this exciting role in the Department of Evaluation & Research Services, as you develop and maintain rapport with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Do you have knowledge of the conduct of research in a health environment? Bring your skills to foster research capacity within the health authority for clinician-researchers.
In this key role you will:
- Manages all aspects of the research grant development and submission process; ensures applicable institutional signatures are obtained and progress reports are submitted to the funding agency; monitors expenditures and ensures all related costs are within the grant proposal requirements. Prepares financial agreements with funding agencies; ensures FH financial record keeping for grant awards are in compliance with the requirements of the external funding agencies. Evaluates risk and makes recommendations to VP for Research portfolio and other Executives as applicable regarding acceptability of proposed budgets and scientific merit of investigators’ proposals.
- Prepares joint grant applications for submission by principal investigators to local, provincial, national or international competitions for research funding. Provides mentorship and consultation services to researchers in the development of fundable research proposals involving developing study idea/research question/hypotheses, specifying deliverables/outcomes, defining the project scope, preparing budgets, and study timelines. Monitors study progress and mediates disputes between collaborating research study partners.
- In collaboration with the Epidemiologist – DERS, evaluates, proposes or amends research study designs. Supports other DERS staff in design and methodology for quality improvement and evaluation projects as needed.
- Advises on the implementation and evaluation of FH Research policy and procedures and strategic planning. Develops, implements and evaluates departmental standards of practice, procedures and protocols for research development and grant administration involving the generation of research questions/hypotheses, evaluation of research studies, development of research designs, data collection tools, methodology, interpretation and reporting.
- Prepares business cases for proposed utilization of a research intervention for review and decision by FH management groups.
- Monitors funding opportunities from various agencies by attending relevant meetings, seminars, conferences, and information sessions. Represents FH to external funding agencies on grant issues.
- Represents FH on external funding agency committees as a ‘theoretical’ expert on research methods and research funding applications. Provides research expertise and/or chairs internal committees; represents FH on external committees relating to research and knowledge dissemination.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in a health related discipline
- Three to five years’ recent related experience in conducting research studies and grant writing/facilitation
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
This Relief Full-Time position available until 31/May/2022 OR Until Return of Incumbent and based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC, with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work. We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org